Healthcare for Your College Student

There’s a lot of planning that goes into getting your son or daughter ready for college. You, of course, want to make sure that your student is set up for social and academic success. You also want to ensure that your college student is staying healthy and receiving proper healthcare. Getting the right textbooks and buying the right bed sheets are important, but be sure to help establish a plan for healthcare for your college student.

There are many different healthcare options for college students entering the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. Be sure to explore your options before making a decision.

Pat Walker Health Center

The Pat Walker Health Center is a full-service health center that provides a number of services to U of A students. Services include routine immunizations, allergy desensitization, travel health counseling and immunizations, dieticians, orthopedic services, minor surgical procedures, wound care, physical examinations, screenings, mental health services, counseling, and wellness and health promotion. They also have a Women’s Clinic that offers personalized care to meet the specific health needs of female students.

If you decide to stick with the campus health service, at least make sure that your student has contact information for the urgent care clinic nearest his or her new home. The Health Center is not open on weekends.

The health services offered by the Pat Walker Health Center meet the healthcare needs of most college students during the week. However, you may still want to find a private physician for your college student.

Medical Associates of Northwest Arkansas

Consider MANA if you’re looking for healthcare providers in Northwest Arkansas for your college student. Medical Associates of Northwest Arkansas includes 21 clinics with a wide range of specialties, plus complete lab services. Sign up with myMANA before you start driving to the U of A campus and you’ll have the confidence of knowing that your child’s health is in good hands.

Some pediatricians provide care for college students. However, this depends on the physician, so be sure to ask your pediatrician for his or her policy. Another option is a family medicine doctor. We have several locations close to campus. 

Whether you choose campus health services or a new family medicine doctor it’s important that your college student receive healthcare services to maintain good health and wellness. Contact MANA today if you have any questions!