Jamie Shackelford Young is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse who works with the physicians in the Pulmonary Medicine Department at Fayetteville Diagnostic Clinic to provide comprehensive, compassionate medical care.
Jamie has extensive clinical experience working with patients from newborns to the elderly. She has worked as a registered nurse in hospital settings as well as in clinics, including four years at Fayetteville Diagnostic Clinic in the Pulmonary Medicine department. She has also taught nursing students at the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing, University of Arkansas in Fayetteville.
Jamie is a member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, the Arkansas Nurse Practitioner Association, and the Sigma Theta Tau International Honors’ Society of Nursing.
She enjoys going to the Farmers Market and exploring all the local shops around Fayetteville. You can also find her cooking, walking, and biking, and hanging out with her husband, Corben, and their dog, Finn.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Arkansas Advanced Practice Nurse
- Arkansas Registered Nurse
- American Heart Association, Health Care Providers Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Master of Science in Nursing
Frontier Nursing University, Hyden, Kentucky
- Bachelor of Arts in Nursing with Honors
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Asthma Education
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cancers of the Lung
- Complicated Chest Infections
- Smoking Cessation
- Sleep Medicine