Thrush is caused by overgrowth of yeast on the mucous membranes of the mouth.
- Thrush causes white patches that are difficult to wipe off.
- See your pediatrician for a prescription for a medication called nystatin.
- It is important to wash all bottle nipples, pacifiers, and toys your child puts in his mouth daily while he is being treated in order to keep it from coming back.
- Gargling with salt water
- Keeping the back of the throat moist by using a throat lozenge
- If you think your child may have thrush, you will need to see your pediatrician to receive the prescription medication called nystatin.