Fall means apples! Kids loves apples, and apples are great choices for snacks for children.
- Apples contain antioxidants, which can fight some diseases.
- One of these antioxidants is quercetin, known for strengthening the immune system.
- Another type of antioxidant, polyphenols, are associated with heart health.
- Apples contain fiber, which helps to keep kids’ digestive systems healthy.
- Apples also contain vitamin C — but no fat, almost no salt, and no added sugar.
You can give kids whole apples or sliced apples. For an extra treat, try these fun apple snacks:
- Apple sandwiches: apple slices paired with peanut or almond butter in the middle
- Apple slices with cheese cubes
- Baked apples: cut out the core of an apple and fill the center with raisins and cinnamon
- Apple wedges with cinnamon
- Apple chunks with yogurt or cottage cheese