Digestive System Care
is the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive system. "Good" digestive health indicates an ability to process nutrients through properly functioning gastrointestinal organs, including the stomach, intestine, liver, pancreas and gallbladder. When these organs do not function properly, patients may need to see a gastroenterologist. In addition, gastroenterologists are experts of the colon and provide colorectal cancer screening at an Endoscopy Center in Fayetteville Diagnostic Clinic.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in the digestive system. Gastroenterologists complete four years of medical school and three years of internal medicine residency, followed by a fellowship in gastroenterology. Our Board Certified gastroenterologists provide high quality care in a friendly, relaxed setting.
In addition to rare disorders of the digestive system, gastroenterologists diagnose or treat the following common conditions:
- Heartburn and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Celiac disease and food intolerances
- Chronic vomiting and gastroparesis
- Colorectal cancer, including determining whether you have a genetic risk
- Diverticulitis, diverticulosis and ischemic bowel disease
- Functional illness, such as constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, belching and flatulence
- Gallbladder disease
- infections of the gastrointestinal tract caused by viruses, bacteria, fungi and protozoa
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Peptic ulcer disease and Helicobacter pylori
- Viral hepatitis
If you have any of these conditions, a gastroenterologist is the best physician for you to see.
Appointments (479) 582-7230
To schedule an appointment
with one of our gastroenterologists, Monday through
Friday between 8:00am and 5:00pm, please call (479) 582-7230. Appointments are available at MANA Fayetteville Diagnostic Clinic and MANA Fountain Plaza Clinic in Bentonville. Please be aware, some insurance plans require a referral from your primary physician. Please check with your plan and request a referral from your primary physician if it is required.
After Hours Care Provided
For after hours and weekend emergencies, the Gastroenterologist on call can be
reached through the Washington Regional Medical Center operator at (479) 463-1000.
Please call the Gastroenterologists on call before going to the Emergency Room.
This can often save time and lower costs.